Want to join the PTA? Simply attend our next monthly meeting and bring your $6.00 membership fee. We will be happy to sign you up. Our PTA members gain insight into the lives of our children and are kept abreast of upcoming school events, issues and concerns. We are always welcoming new members.
Our school is full of caring and dedicated faculty, staff and parents. We work closely with each other to provide a wonderful and enriching learning environment for your student(s).
We would love to have your support and involvement in our PTA. Each parent may become a member. Grandparents and other adults are welcome as well.
WHAT THE Cody PTA DOES…
- Supports Enrichment Programs
- Facilitates the Reflections Art Contest helping our students achieve state and nation recognition
- Supports Visiting Authors and Artist Visits
- Arranges after school enrichment programs such as Foreign Language, Robotics, Dance, Art and Science.
- Turn Off TV Week encourages less “screen time” and promotes other activities such as family nights, reading and physical fitness.
- Promotes School Spirit
- Sponsors Family Activity Night(s) for families so they may have a night out with their children and get to know other Cody families in a relaxing environment. (such as Maggie’s Moo’s Guest Scooper Nights, Family Bingo Nights, Skating Parties and Happy Joe’s Evenings)
- Publishes this website with photos from various school functions
- Coordinates Fall Frolic Carnival, Cody Calypso, Grandparent’s Day, Donuts for Dads, Mornings with Moms, and Kindergarten Roundup
- Provides a Welcome Committee that welcomes new families and students to the school and provides information for families new to the area
- Attains sponsorships for the Cody Walkathon that allows every student and faculty member to receive a Cody Walkathon t-shirt
- Supplements Educational Programs
- Provides opportunities to purchase quality reading materials through two annual book fairs
- Helps students add books to the school library through the Birthday Book Club
- Coordinates volunteers for school activities as well as in the classrooms, library and office
- The SchoolKidz program allows parents to order school supplies that are delivered at Back to School Night
- Promotes a Caring Support System
- Through our Cody Cares Committee, the PTA lends support to families and faculty in need of our encouragement and support
- Room Parents help support teachers by helping with classroom parties, field trips and other requests from teacher.
- Hosts and caters staff appreciation events throughout the year
- Provides child care at PTA meetings and parent/teacher conferences to allow parents to focus on their time with the teachers
- Bestows monetary donations to the District for the Reaching for Excellence Campaign, PV Scholarship Foundation and After School Prom Activities
- Improves Physical Environment
- Bestows cash gifts to Cody School to purchase school equipment, classroom supplies, playground equipment, and other items as determined by the administration, faculty and the PTA
- Increases Communication
- Sends out regular enews Updates (via email)with information about Upcoming PTA events and other information relevant to our Cody Families. To sign up for enews, click here: http://www.pleasval.k12.ia.us/enews/mainenews.asp
- Publicizes school and PTA activities through the local media, this website and Facebook
- Sends a representative to monthly meetings with the Pleasant Valley Superintendent to report issues and updates at PTA meetings
- Organizes and Promotes Fund Raisers
- Fall Frolic Carnival – Our major fundraiser of the year that helps cover the majority of our budget for on-going/annual expenses. Money is raised through raffle ticket sales and Silent Auction. 100% is used to support Cody School and the Pleasant Valley School District. We need a lot of volunteers and donations for this event.
- 3 Book Fairs – 3 Scholastic Book Fairs occur during the Fall and Spring Parent Teacher conferences as well as during the May Walkathon in the School Cafeteria. All proceeds are used to enhance our media center and classroom libraries.
- Walkathon – The Walkathon is held each May during school on the school grounds. Money raised is typically put toward the purchase of equipment and/or supplies that promotes health and wellness. We ask for sponsorships to pay for t-shirts that are given to every student and faculty member at the school. Sponsors can be businesses, organizations, families or individuals and their names are printed on the back of each t-shirt. Each grade level gets a different colored shirt from the Pillars of Character colors and sometime during the day we take a large group photo.